Good morning dear!
Actually, development of application programs under Linux is of interest. Immediately make a reservation - not only the development of graphical interfaces is of interest - i.e. under QT or GTK - but about the development under Linux as a whole. And from scratch. Interested in all aspects. Something like Petzold for Linux.
What literature or resources can you recommend to study?
UPD : What do I mean by an application program ? Workplace operator shop / pharmacy / bank employee of the company. Those. nothing so connected with the system.
In my case, we set the task to implement an application for automating the work of a mid-level firm - all business logic already exists. Those. business for soapy - to master development skills.
UPD2 : What I want to know, from the point of view of the programmer, and most importantly, where to find out how to do the following things in Linux:
- streams - since the application will use time-intensive calculations and tasks, it is best to use streams;
- network protocols - POP3 / SMTP, FTP, HTTP / SOAP - development and use. The latter can be a separate item, but most likely the whole point is the possibilities / extensions of the programming language;
- Databases - most likely also an extension of the language, but still not bad to know how to use the database in the development of Linux applications;
- System services - because there are so many background tasks that are conveniently implemented only by services;
- Deployment - I think that everyone understands here - an unfamiliar environment, unusual actions - I would like to know how to deploy a ready application to a client without popobili;
- and last but one of the most important - Graphical interface - I know that under Linux there are two most important gui-toolkits - QT and GTK - but I would like to know how difficult it is to create rich graphical user interfaces - for especially cynical I will say that we don’t invent a design but a client and how it will be realized in parallel, the main thing is to see what he needs and how he wants. By rich graphical user interfaces is meant ... although look at any widget developer ( here , here and here for an example). I'm not saying that everything was ready, on a silver platter, shkoloprogeru-muskofapu is available, interested in the possibility and methods of developing such a level of gui.
I hope that I understood.