Do not tell me what is more promising to study now: iOS or Android? In terms of demand from employers.
And so here is the detailed answer with my reasoning:
- Primary Language - Objective-C
- App Store - AppStore
- The store has more paid apps than free ones, users willingly buy apps at a reasonable price of $ 1-2.
- The ability to place in-app ads with great reach and profit, work immediately with advertising 10-12 companies and show all their ads (Updates every 30 seconds, showing the next one). Provides a service like Mobclix. In this area, personally, the effectiveness of advertising is not tested
- Relatively cheap and profitable advertising applications (I do not know about efficiency)
- No compatibility issues, written under one device, with one screen size and a set of functions
- When placing applications low% of user failure, no compatibility problems, many users do not download the application for 10 minutes to play with it.
- The main language is Java
- App Store - AndroidMarket
- Users are not particularly actively buying paid versions of applications, because of the openness of the platform they prefer free versions.
- Ability to place advertisements in the application with huge reach and profit, work immediately with advertising 8-9 companies (Including OpenAllocation - AbMob, AdWords) and show all their ads (Update every 30 seconds, display the next). Provides such as Mobclix service.
- If the advertiser pays for showing or installing the application, sometimes it turns out to be a very profitable occupation.
- Not cheap enough to advertise your application ($ 0.03-0.04 per click on the banner, if you pay for the installation then $ 0.25-1 for the installation)
- Compatibility issues, different screen sizes, different versions of the system, I even met such that one functionality working on my device does not work on some other models
- When placing applications and downloading them by users a large percentage of failures, usually even comes to 40-50% (The result is a point above + many users download the application "to have fun")
Well, what do you want? IOS is now more in demand. But the android is very quickly gaining momentum so that soon the android will become a more promising platform.
Do not get hung up on one platform. There are prosplatform SDK for mobile devices, for example, AirPlaySDK or Titanium. They allow you to write a mobile application once and compile it for almost all mobile platforms.
Under iOS, you can not only write on Objective-C, you can also on C # in Monotouch. But without poppy nowhere ... (they say (c) that you can try to establish hackintosh). In my opinion, both of these areas are promising. The plus of Android is that it can be developed for it under Windows, that is, you can work as a freelancer or study yourself without tangible financial investments.
iOS but there is a minus: you must have hardware for 100% Mac development :) So I am the owner of a macbook about Xcode (objective-c), I have never been keen on php, mysql & c ++
Better iOs since there are more active applications to buy ... And if you switch to a poppy, you will forget about writing, believe me)
Yes, iOS is now looking more promising. I don’t think that something will change soon ...